A social but successful club that finds a balance between training hard to achieve great results and keeping everything we do enjoyable!
We train 3 times a week:
- water based skills session including first aid in the water, dealing with aquatic casualties, rope throw practice, manikin handling and lifesaving speeds skills.
- dry training sessions focusing on CPR through to cuts and bruises, as well as simulated scenarios which test our teamwork, leadership, initiative, and decision making.
- fitness session working solely on swimming fitness and technique in preparation for the competitions that define the lifesaving year. (Always followed by brunch which we take just as seriously as the actual session).
This training is only a small part of what our club does, we will always find time in our week to meet up whether that be going to the SU bar after training, brunch together after fitness or any other excuse to avoid university work together. Our club is defined just as much by the friends we create in it as it is by the results we achieve through it and we aim for every member to feel this throughout their time in our club.
Highlights from 2018/19:
- 3rd place in the BULSCA student championships
- A team 2nd in the BULSCA league
- B team 3rd in the BULSCA league
- Nominations for Sports Club of the year, Most improved club and Sportsman of the year from Bristol Sport and SU
- Winners of Bristol SU’s physical activity society of the year
|The 2019 Championships team, who came 3rd overall!||The 2019 teams proving that socials are just as important as the competitions!|