Loughborough Students Lifesaving Club has grown from a 20 to 100 member club within two years! The club is renowned for their speed in the pool with many swimmers joining the club and trying the new sport. The club is proud to take a large team to National Speeds annually where several medals are won and many University Records broken. The clubs attitude towards first aid has grown greatly in the past couple of years with members being more dedicated to the whole sport than ever before.
Here are a few of the main achievements for the 2016/17 season:
- 3 members selected to represent England at the Commonwealth Festival of Lifesaving.
- 5 members selected for the GB performance team.
- 12 people attended the World Championships in Eindhoven- The team made one Female Relay Final and one Individual Final
- One member represented GB at the German Cup
- Broke 14 records in 2016/17 season alone (some multiple times!)
- BULSCA Championships winners for 3 years in a row
- Winners of B league
- A close A league between Loughborough and Birmingham made for an exciting final league comp!
- Won ‘Most sociable club’ and ‘Coach of the year’ at the Loughborough Athletic Union awards.
Taster session date and time (subject to change): Wednesday 11th October- 6pm Please contact the club via the Facebook page or email the club chair, Emily Goodwin: