The University of Sheffield Lifesaving Club is an inclusive, mixed-ability sports club, involving pool rescue, first aid, and speed events. With around 25 members from both University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University, we’re one of the smallest sports clubs at Sheffield, but that doesn’t stop us from achieving great results!
Our club caters to all aspects of lifesaving – so no matter whether you’re interested in competing with us, you’re looking to gain qualifications, or you just want to learn new skills, our club is for you!
We train three times per week – two sessions in the pool and one first aid session. Our training sessions are divided into practicing competition skills and teaching qualifications. More information about the club can be found on the University’s club sport page: https://www.sport-sheffield.com/clubs/lifesaving.
We’re always keen to welcome new members. We hold several free taster sessions at the start of each semester in September and February which are suitable for all abilities – whether you’re an experienced lifesaver, a swimmer looking for more diverse races, or a complete beginner. Keep an eye out on our social media for more details on these events.
FREE GIVE IT A GO SESSIONS:
- Monday 30th September 2019, 8-10pm @ Goodwin Swimming Pool
- Thursday 3rd October 2019, 6-7:30pm @ Goodwin Swimming Pool
- Friday 4th October 2019, 6:30-8:30pm @ TV Studio (First Aid Session)
Here are some of our main achievements to date:
- BULSCA’s Club of the Year 2018 & 2019
- Sport Sheffield’s Most Improved Club 2018
- Sport Sheffield Fundraising Initiative Award 2019
- BULSCA Student Championships overall bronze medallists 2015, 2016, 2018
- Freshers' Competition medallists 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Silver medallists in the SERC event at an international lifesaving competition in Singapore
- Raised ~£2000 for numerous charities and counting!
Please don’t hesitate in getting in contact. You can either message us on our Facebook page or email us!
Check out our BULSCA Championships video! -> https://youtu.be/AF2lysecQf8